The Plumbing Tip
When doing your own plumbing you should keep certain plumbing tips in mind. Whether it be a simple repair or an entire remodel, safety should always be first to ensure that the project is completed at the soonest and best. Even the professionals have to put safety first when preforming repairs or remodels.
- Plumbing Tip – Protect Your Hands
- Chemicals, tools and hot water are all potential hazards to your hands. Wear gloves that are for the job. For example, gloves that protect against chemicals are different than gloves that can protect your hands from hot water. It’s a good idea to wear long pants and long sleeves to protect all of your skin.
- Plumbing Tip – Know Your Plumbing
- Knowing things like the type of pipes used in your home, where the on/off valves are and where the pipes are behind the walls so that you can quickly access what you need. You also want to be able to quickly get to things if something were to go wrong.
- Plumbing Tip – Be Cautious
- Exercise caution when using power tools and follow the recommended manufacturer suggestions for use. Many people are injured by not keeping two hands on the power tool and staying focused on the project. Be extra cautions when soldering or using any heat on pipes, especially in the wall or near any insulation.
- Plumbing Tip – Read Labels
- Always read labels and instructions when using chemical or machines. Follow the recommendations for use at all times. Check the warning labels on products and equipment and know what to do in case of an emergency.
- Plumbing Tip – Wear Protective Footwear
- Wear rubber-soled, non-slip work boots or shoes. These will help protect against slips and falls, and can reduce the severity of electric shocks.